LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Feb 7 12:38:16 PST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Albert wrote:

> Thank, Ken.  I'm setting up to recompile the kernel again and will try
> those options.  My main problem is that I am running on a Dell
> Dimension 2400 that uses an Intel chipset with integrated ethernet
> support so I haven't a clue what needs to be compiled in for it.

 In that case, your first priority should be to get the correct driver!
Pick any of the network drivers that look possible, and build them all
as modules.  Disable your "onboot" option - until you can modprobe a
module and be reasonably confident that it is accepted, dhcp can only
confuse matters.  Any chance you could use a static IP address for
testing ? (obviously, with another box also using a compatible static
address!)

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league