LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Feb 7 12:28:23 PST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 20:54, Albert wrote:
[...]
> Thank, Ken.  I'm setting up to recompile the kernel again and will try
> those options.  My main problem is that I am running on a Dell
> Dimension 2400 that uses an Intel chipset with integrated ethernet
> support so I haven't a clue what needs to be compiled in for it.

The kernel should report on what chipset it found. cat /proc/pci I think shows
what's been found (as should dmesg). I'm presently booted with 2.6 kernel so
I'm going from memory. Otherwise you could install pci-utils (takes a couple
of seconds) and use lspci and match the output it gives to the data in /usr/
share/pci.ids

Hope that helps
Allard

allard at quicknet.nl