LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Sat Feb 7 08:29:56 PST 2004

I have followed the instruction in BLFS 5.0->Chpt 14, DHCP clients, for
installing and using dhcpcd-1.3.22.  Yet, on boot, startup fails and I
get the following message in /var/dhcpcd.log:

Feb  6 22:17:08 lfs dhcpcd[83]: dhcpStart: ioctl SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such
device

In that the only modifications required to the scripts are for the
DHCP_START variable in  ifconfig.eth0,  I assume that more is needed
than I have:

ONBOOT=yes
DHCP_PROG=/sbin/dhcpcd
DHCP_START=-d
DHCP_STOP=-k

It is not clear to me in the man page for dhcpcd what else is required.
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,