ghostscript and omni compile-time problems

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Sat Feb 7 05:57:51 PST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 21:04, cedric wrote:

> Hi i tried to compile esp ghostscript, but it failes.
> Does it have to to with my small deviations of the versions, or is it
> something more?
>
> src/gomni.c:93:21: gmodule.h: No such file or directory

Your question is probably answered in the book. At least it was answered a
month ago in the CVS version, but I can't keep up with the current changes. A
quote from my local copy of the book:

> Additionally, if you unpacked the OMNI drivers then you have to install
> GLib-1.2.10 and create these symlinks:
>
> ln -s glib-1.2/glib.h /usr/include/glib.h &&
> ln -s glib-1.2/gmodule.h /usr/include/gmodule.h &&
> ln -s ../lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h /usr/include/glibconfig.h

Now they seem to replace these symlinks with a patch, but I cannot see the
relevant "CVS commit" message in my mail.

BTW I still strongly recommend gimp-print over everything else on HP DeskJets.
You don't need Omni since it supports DeskJets only in pcl3 compatibility
mode. Gimp-Print gives the highest printing quality, even better than the
"official" hpijs driver.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov