"Remove"-value causes syntax error with loadkeys

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Feb 6 12:50:29 PST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Tony Sequeira wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:24:58 +0000, Andre Müller wrote
>

> > On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 02:05:15PM +0000, Andre M?ller enlightened us
> > thusly
> >
> [...]
>
> > btw, what is that thing about the capital Zs? shure it?s me?
> > i?ve been using this mailer for a year now and did not
> > get any complaint yet... found nothing myself, too
>
> I saw them too, last night, with Evolution.  Now they appear as "?" to
> me at least.

 Well, there is _some_ sort of problem with Andre's mozilla, his
apostrophes appear as '?' (0x3f).  I think the bigger problem is with
Declan's mutt: the quotations change the '?' to a Z with a line on top
(can't type it!) (0x3f) which I believe is needed for certain Slavic
languages.  I've often seen that in the past for "'" in many mails, and
I think they're often from German-speakers.

 Pine reports Declan is using character set
iso8859-15:iso8859-1:utf-8:us-ascii; - maybe mutt is doing too many
translations ?

 [not that I trust reported character sets, they're often inaccurate]
Maybe this is just another of the joys of i18n.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league