Cups 'printtime' problems

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Fri Feb 6 06:31:13 PST 2004

Hi all, i try to get my printer working with cups and esp ghostscript.

All the software compiles and runs, but when i  print the cups testpage i get
nothing but lines of random dots on my paper.

At the first try i compiled foomatic ghostscript, and cups.

At the second attempt i compiled cups, ghostscript with the omni drivers, and
then cups again (for some reason)

This didn't change much, in the web-admin of cups i only could choose the
HP Deskjet 500 (Foomatic/hpijs)
for my printer. (Witch is indeed a deskjet 500)

I guess some of the foomatic (and hpijs) stuff has polluted my print setup.

How do i correct this?

Regards, cedric
--
No microsoft products were used for this e-mail