error compiling rp-pppoe-3.5

tom.haller at att.net tom.haller at att.net
Thu Feb 5 15:30:37 PST 2004

Hello,

I've got a working LFS 5.0 system and have started installing some of the
BLFS 5.0 stuff. I've hit a snag on the PPPoE client. I had no errors
compiling/installing PPP, but when I do the make on rp-pppoe-3.5 I get this
when it tries to compile if.c:

if.c: In function `openInterface':
if.c:425: error: storage size of `ifr' isn't known
if.c:425: warning: unused variable `ifr'
make *** [if.o] Error 1

That is only the second compile in the sequence, the first being pppoe.c
which is successful.

I searched in vain for an answer to this in the archives, and on the web, and
found nothing except a document in Spanish, but since I only know how to ask
for a beer and a taco in Spanish, I couldn't decipher it.

Aside from this, my experience with LFS & now BLFS has been FANTASTIC!!! I
wanted a way to learn Linux from the inside out, and this is just the ticket.

Regards,
Tom