some help wanted with a cool audio app. (beatforce)

David Jensen djensen at inebraska.com
Thu Feb 5 12:56:32 PST 2004

Declan Moriarty wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:03:00PM +0100, Rob van Dam enlightened us thusly
>

>>I tried to build beatforce, a very nice audioapplication. Because of some
>>problems I contacted the maintainer over a mailinglist.
>>

>It seems like a pile of obtuse alpha-level audio stuff, which
>meritorious as they may be, are notoriously difficult to shoehorn in.
>

>Everything is unfinished w.i.p. That sort of stuff is best left to those
>who can code (unlike me). Are you sure you need it? What for?  I did
>chase one of these once myself and someone who knew what he was doing
>(Archaic, IIRC) shared my interest; He rewrote the Makefile, moved
>references to includes in the wrong places, patched the code several
>times, and made the thing stand up to discover it was a lame piece of
>junk.

Indeed, its alpha and a skin app to boot, however it is trying
to be a diskjocky  kinda app. with 2 xmms-like panels and a
fader.  I haven't seen the like.

I hacked the build (autoconf stuff) and emailed Rob. Note: I got it
to build,  not run.  No docs at all, needs an XML playlist with
no example.  Let's lose this thread unless someone really wants
to work on it.

David Jensen