some help wanted with a cool audio app. (beatforce)

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Tue Feb 3 07:20:28 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:03:00PM +0100, Rob van Dam enlightened us thusly
> I tried to build beatforce, a very nice audioapplication. Because of some
> problems I contacted the maintainer over a mailinglist.
>
> http://developer.berlios.de/forum/?group_id=172
>
> The problem is that there are no shared libs build in the plugin dir. We can't
> figure out why (I have no expierence with programming). It would be nice if
> some people would try to build and run this program, to find out if the
> problem is LFS related, or its only my system what's causing the problem.
>
> Of course is any suggestion for solving the problem very welcome :)
>
> Here is the link to Beatforce:
>
> http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/beatforce/beatforce.tar.gz?tarball=1
>
> To build it needs vrb:
> http://vrb.slashusr.org/vrb-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>
> ladspa;
> /www.ladspa.org/download/
>
> libmad:
> ftp://ftp.mars.org/pub/mpeg/

It seems like a pile of obtuse alpha-level audio stuff, which
meritorious as they may be, are notoriously difficult to shoehorn in.

Everything is unfinished w.i.p. That sort of stuff is best left to those
who can code (unlike me). Are you sure you need it? What for?  I did
chase one of these once myself and someone who knew what he was doing
(Archaic, IIRC) shared my interest; He rewrote the Makefile, moved
references to includes in the wrong places, patched the code several
times, and made the thing stand up to discover it was a lame piece of
junk.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.