a petty hint on mutt+aspell using vim

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 04:08:51 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:40:22AM +0800, manchot wrote:
> I read about the hint on the lfs site about mutt+aspell. However it fails to
> work on my system and it is not efficient enough in my view.

Ever consider the PEBKAC issue?

> nmap <F8> :w<CR>:!aspell -e -c %<CR>:e<CR>

You should send corrections or possible enhancements to the hint author.
In this case, me. :) BTW, your method will spellcheck everything in the
reply, not just your own typing. Not suitable for many. I will test this
when I have the chance.

--
Archaic

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do anything which
would be unlawful for them to do themselves.

- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"