Quick CD/DVD burning question

Guy Benson gbbenson68 at netscape.net
Thu Feb 5 01:45:15 PST 2004

Hi all,

I got a DVD burner for Xmas, which I'm in the process of getting up in working. I also have an existing CD-ROM drive. I've been reading (or, trying to read between interruptions) the various FAQ's/mail archives, but one thing is not completely clear to me: is the use of the SCSI layer an "all or nothing" proposition?

In other words since I have to use the SCSI layer to get the burner working, do I then have to use the SCSI layer with the CD-ROM drive, as well? Or is it possible to just use the SCSI drivers with the DVD burner via the "hdX=ide-scsi" append line, but have the CD-ROM use the standard IDE drivers?

Thanks,

Guy

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.