ghostscript and omni compile-time problems

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Wed Feb 4 11:16:18 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 11:49, Igor Zivkovic wrote:
> cedric wrote:
> > Hi i tried to compile esp ghostscript, but it failes.
> > Does it have to to with my small deviations of the versions, or is it
> > something more?
>
> [snip]
>
> These temporary symlinks help (this is a bad workaround, we are looking
> for better solution):

Eh?  Just patch the Makefiles to include `glib-config --cflags` which is
what the maintainers of the package _should_ already be doing.  However,
it's Ghostscript, so there's that whole absentee landlord thing.
They've failed to keep up with the changes between glib-1.0 and glib-1.2
that were made specifically to eliminate parallel build problems.

The book should have a patch for this brokenness, not a set of symlinks
IMHO.
              AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org