sshd and tcpwrappers

P.R. gropie-rubble at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 23:16:53 PST 2004

Hi

I want to know if sshd uses the tcpwrappers (hosts.allow etc)
functionality by default = when following the book.

There is a switch in the configure-script:  --with-tcp-wrappers.
I think it wouldnt be there if not needed, so I don't think sshd will
NOT utilize tcpd, unless I recompile it again.

Is this right or wrong?

I found this message from last July

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2003-July/031854.html

and I think even more I have to recompile and reinstall sshd again :-/

I also think it should be at least mentioned with one short one sentence
in the book, because this is a basic feature.

Greetings
Peter