how to adjust refresh rate?

Petrichev Roman petrichev at orel.mts.ru
Tue Feb 3 22:21:00 PST 2004

manchot> I have repeatedly asked the question about how to change
manchot> refresh rate for xwindows.

manchot> I am provided with answers like xvidtune or keyboard strokes of Ctrl+
manchot> +/- or the ultimate solution of XFree86 manual.

manchot> But these methods can't do the job for me.
manchot> Especially XFree86 manual is
manchot> a hard nut.

manchot> I found a xtiming calculator on the web and it does everything I need. I
manchot> want to share the link and if you know a better one to change refresh
manchot> rate painlessly, please tell me. Not everyone is enjoying LCDs.

manchot> http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl

manchot> But here comes another question:

manchot> With a framebuffer enabled console and bootsplash, the screen is again
manchot> flickering and does anyone know how to set refresh rate in vesafb consoles?

Look at http://www.spock.mga.com.pl/  for patch-2.4.x-vesafb-rrc.tar.gz

It works fine and very simple.

--
Rgrds,