please have a look at this hint

P.R. gropie-rubble at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 11:02:24 PST 2004

Hi

* > Give me some days, right now I'm fighting with the courier installation.
*
* This is all good. Take all the time you like - we had little before. I
* felt I was being very harsh, as the hint was indeed helpful.

You were not overly friendly ;-)
But that's okay and: you were right. I went over the hint again and for
the length of it's really true: it needs more information packed into it.

* During
* backup, I have to trust my data to my own incompetence and some system.
* I'd love the example

I'm working on it, but I cannot rewrite a tar backup howto (probably
already exists anyway, I will look for it and include a link :)

* BTW, where do you download 'split'? I'm only finding crap lying around
* and a search for 'split' is like searching for 'and' :-/.

It's installed on my lfs,  it came with the coreutils 5.0

Greetings
Peter