KPPP and modules problems

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Tue Feb 3 07:02:30 PST 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 14:15, Tony Sequeira wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:07:30 +0100, cedric wrote
>
> > Hi all, I have a problem with KPPP. I want to be abe to to online as a
> > user.
> > When i try to connect as user directly after boot it failes. The modem
> > starts
> > to dial out, but as soon as it connects pppd dies.
> >
> > After i have made a connection with kppp as root all users can dial
>
> out
>
> > normally.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Greets, cedric
>
> I may be wildly off target here.  I'm sure that I will be corrected if
> so. 8)
>
> Have you read the PPP documentation?  The PPP howto?
> Anyway, AFAIK, for an ordinary user to use PPP, the pppd executable
> must be suid.

I tried that solution, but the problem remaines. It would have suprized me if
it worked, because pppd is terminated at the end of a dial-up session (no
offence intended)

Here's some output from my kernel:
Feb  3 15:20:31 192 kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2,
code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
Feb  3 15:20:31 192 kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2,
code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
Feb  3 15:23:02 192 kernel: request_module: failed /sbin/modprobe -- ppp0.
error = 256

Regards,
Cedric
No microsoft products were used for this e-mail