KPPP and modules problems

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Tue Feb 3 06:18:22 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:07:30PM +0100, cedric enlightened us thusly
> Hi all, I have a problem with KPPP. I want to be abe to to online as a user.
> When i try to connect as user directly after boot it failes. The modem starts
> to dial out, but as soon as it connects pppd dies.
>
> After i have made a connection with kppp as root all users can dial out
> normally.
>
> Any suggestions?

info fileutils ;-)

The bit you want is

chmod 4711 kwvdial (or whatever the executable is).
this drives a coach and four through dialout restrictions

Otherwise, make a 'dialout' group and fiddle everything, and don't tell
us if it doesn't work.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.