Problems with "at" sign under X11

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Tue Feb 3 05:01:25 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 01:04:30PM +0100, Michael Beuse enlightened us thusly
> Hi folks,
> got some problems with my "at" sign under X11. It functions neither in
> xterm nor in mozilla or other programs. (Okay, these two are the only
> ones I got to funtionc yet)
> Think it's only a minor setup problem. But I can't get around it by
> myself. I am using a german keyboard layout, compiled into the kernel.
> In addition I use my loadkey script to load it once again therefore I
> modified it to set a few more values. But none of them affect the
> keyboard layout. I set LC_ALL to de_DE"at"euro (replace "at" with the
> right sign, but I cannot write 'cause it doesn't function for me ;-))
> I hope some is able to help me.
>
> Thanks for all,

Waht physical keyboard have you?

@ is usually there somewhere. Try  shift_2, shift_' shift_` and wherever
the '~' symbol is.

Your modifications work with right alt if correctly set up. Don't forget
the right-alt_shift_somekey combination as well.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.