some help wanted with a cool audio app. (beatforce)

David Jensen djensen at inebraska.com
Mon Feb 2 16:19:20 PST 2004

Rob van Dam wrote:

>I tried to build beatforce, a very nice audioapplication. Because of some
>problems I contacted the maintainer over a mailinglist.
>
>http://developer.berlios.de/forum/?group_id=172
>
>The problem is that there are no shared libs build in the plugin dir. We can't
>figure out why (I have no expierence with programming). It would be nice if
>some people would try to build and run this program, to find out if the
>problem is LFS related, or its only my system what's causing the problem.
>
>Of course is any suggestion for solving the problem very welcome :)
>
>Here is the link to Beatforce:
>
>http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/beatforce/beatforce.tar.gz?tarball=1
>
>To build it needs vrb:
>http://vrb.slashusr.org/vrb-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>
>ladspa;
>/www.ladspa.org/download/
>
>libmad:
>ftp://ftp.mars.org/pub/mpeg/
>
>Thanx,
>
>Rob

 vrb installs, ladspa installs, I have libmad,
Beatforce wont build,  requires IMG_Load from  SDL/SDL_image.h  which
I don't have in LFS, Slackware or Whitebox.  I have SDL-1.8,  1.2.6
and  cvs.
No SDL_image.h and grep -R IMG_Load returns nothing in any of them.
Find what version of SDL they use?

David Jensen