mysql, ld.so.conf

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 09:27:59 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 23:06, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>I am currently seperating firebird and thunderbird from mozilla and this
>>is one of the things I was fixing right now :-) On my system, I move
>>these files to /usr/lib.
>>

>Better make sure you either alter your configure switches to support
>this, or hack the .pc files, since many of the programs that link
>against libnss use the nss.pc file to find the libs.

Already did, check out
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/xsoft/mozilla.html>.

>>AFAIK, directories under $libdir/$package are reserved for installing
>>libs/programs that are internal to the package.
>>

>Perhaps the mysql people intend for these libs to only be internal, but
>there are definately programs that are linking to libmysqlclient.  Could
>these libs be redirected by a simple configure switch?, or do they
>actually need to be moved/symlinked?

I would vote for the moving and symlink since it is cleaner IMO.

I would suggest filing a bug report with mysql guys to install those
libraries in $(libdir) instead of $(libdir)/mysql. Also it would be good
to check the RPM installation to see if they move the libs.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
  http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar