mysql, ld.so.conf

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 1 23:06:45 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

>Strange...BLFS itself adds paths to /etc/ld.so.conf:
>
>/usr/X11R6/lib
>/opt/qt/lib
>/opt/gnome-2.4/lib
>/opt/gnome/lib
>/opt/kde/lib

Those are needed because those packages are not installed with a
standard prefix.

>We have the same problem with Mozilla - it puts it's NSS libs into
>/usr/lib/mozilla - any programs that link against these (GAIM comes to
>mind right off the top, as does early versions of Evolution 1.4) will
>fail to run unless /usr/lib/mozilla is added to /etc/ld.so.conf

I am currently seperating firebird and thunderbird from mozilla and this
is one of the things I was fixing right now :-) On my system, I move
these files to /usr/lib.

AFAIK, directories under $libdir/$package are reserved for installing
libs/programs that are internal to the package.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/