Setting LANG for Window Manager.

Elmar Athmer linux at nixus-minimax.de
Sun Feb 1 08:38:16 PST 2004

Hi

I use xfce4 as Window Manager, if I start a program via the xfce-panel, e.g.
xchat it seems to use the standard-locale C (i.e. it's in english).
If I start a program in an xterm, it is german (LANG=de_DE at euro), so ls in
german, xchat in german. I set this LANG in the ~/.bashrc:
LANG=de_DE at euro
export LANG

When I used xfce with Debian, I remember some elements of xfce to be in
german, e.g. from the "Exit" - Dialog.

So where du I have to set LANG?

Or where can I set the default of the whole system?

Elmar

--
Wenn Blechtrommeln aus Blech sind, woraus sind dann Nebelhörner?
http://www.nixus-minimax.de