dhclient no broadcast interface (solved)

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sun Feb 1 04:34:52 PST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 22:42, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Allard Welter wrote:
[...]
> > I'm figuring I've forgotten something really obvious - plenty of brick
> > walls about to bash my head against if someone can point it out.
> >
> > Thanks - Allard
>
> At a guess, something else is needed in the kernel.  I'm not familiar
> with dhcpcd, but I'll guess it uses a slightly different method to do
> the job.  Suggest you go into menuconfig and review all the options.  I
> remember dhclient took me a couple of attempts to get the 2.4 configure
> options correct, I won't be surprised if something you need has migrated
> to a different option in 2.6, particularly if it turns out to be in the
> netfilter options.
>
> Ken
> --
> This is a job for Riviera Kid!

A good night's sleep did the trick. I forgot to mention I was compiling for a
486. I was passing my flags to make via COPTS - wrong. dhcp compiled fine, I
should have checked better, CC_OPTIONS seems a better candidate. Anyway, I
edited Makefile.conf and used the DEBUG vriable to pass the flags and all is
now fine. 6 kernel compiles for nothing, all I had to do was pay a little bit
more attention.

Regards - Allard

allard at quicknet.nl