Internationalisation question

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 09:07:44 PST 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:32:55 +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> Chinese and Arabic will never be supported by LFS. Install RedHat Enterprise
> Linux if you want some sort of support for such locales.

It's great to have my Head straightened like that. The idea goes out
the window, as Chinese was a must have, and Arabic not far behind. The
other essentials were the Baltic states, and Russian

>From this, your Unicode hint and the recent thread on UTF8 & Unicode,
I gather the whole business of internationalisation is likely to
remain a complete shambles for some time to come. The idea of
distributions having to fork mainline programs like grep makes one
shudder.

Thanks for sooting it down. It saves plenty of sweat and I gather
Enterprise Linux by redhat isn't perfect either, so it's not a place
for me to put time.
--
     All the Best

     Declan.