Where did UTF-8 go?

Peter B. Steiger WYpbs_003 at bornagain.com
Thu Dec 30 16:18:40 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:41:00 -0600, Randy McMurchy sez:>
> The base of folks that are in a position to help you (same
> configs and current packages) is very low. Don't be surprised
> if there are no responses.

I can understand that.  Actually I think the versions I'm using are all
from the CVS book - for me, the latest *stable* version is as
bleeding-edge as I dare to get.  I was just worried that my question was
so boneheadedly stupid or poorly written that I had been written off by
the community as a whole as a hopeless case.

Let me ask you this, then: When you pull up a site with a non-Western
character set (such as www.pravda.ru, Russia's equivalent of the Weekly
World News here in the US) do the Cyrillic fonts appear, or do you get
little rectangles with hex codes in them?

If other users have trouble viewing UTF-encoded web pages, I won't worry
about it; I just thought I had screwed up some basic feature that normal
people (read: smarter than a rock) have working.

--
peter b. steiger
cheyenne, WY