firefox segfaults

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 29 16:51:27 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 10:04 +0000, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> > *** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure, catching
> > exception so finalize window can close
> > /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 718 Segmentation fault
> > "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
> >
> > anybody having the same issue?
> >
> It's at least trying to do the right thing.
>
> I got it together yesterday. No problem like that. What patch (if any)
> did you use?
> My compilation went down in flames, but I found some patch for
> firefox-0.9.2 on the BLFS site, and everything fell together. I still
> have the patch, if  you need it.
>
> You did check the memory, did you?
> http://www.memtest86.org

A reply was posted on dev on this...I believe the OP has seen it.
Anyway, just for the archives, this is related to not setting up the
font dirs correctly.  See the X Components page in BLFS.  In my case, it
was incorrect permissions...fonts must be world readable, but the error
is similar if you do not complete the X fonts setup.

-- DJ Lucas