Straange behaviour

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:59:50 PST 2004

> 1. Whan I log in, it gives me the 'no mail' line but not the prompt.
> Pressing CTRL_C twice, or waiting 3 seconds and pressing it once gets
> the prompt. See the top section of the attached file.

Sorry to be adding to my own post, but I logged in afresh, did not hit
Ctrl_C, and tried ps-e on a neighbouring terminal.  I got various bash
processes(2 or three constantly), id, grep and egrep. Bash processes
would go defunct, and others would start. Then agetty took over and
spoiled the fun.

So I did the obvious thing and sorted it. Either .bash_profile or
.bashrc was crap. It happened to be .bashrc. Sorry for bothering folks

--
     All the Best

     Declan.