firefox segfaults

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:04:37 PST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:51:08 +0100, charlie <charlie.cllin at free.fr> wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
> LFS: 6.0
> BLFS: SVN
>
> I just installed firefox, compilation went allright.
> I didn't run it right after installation. I halted first and rebooted.
> As told, i ran it as root for the first time, but here is what i get:
>
> *** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure, catching
> exception so finalize window can close
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 718 Segmentation fault
> "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
>
> anybody having the same issue?

It's at least trying to do the right thing.

I got it together yesterday. No problem like that. What patch (if any)
did you use?
My compilation went down in flames, but I found some patch for
firefox-0.9.2 on the BLFS site, and everything fell together. I still
have the patch, if  you need it.

You did check the memory, did you?
http://www.memtest86.org

--