Unexpected Allarm from System-Speaker

Denis Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at
Tue Dec 28 09:28:08 PST 2004

Thanks for all these quick answers!!!
I'll post 1 reply for all...

@Kevin:

Yes, I am definitely sure it's my System-Speaker, since there is nothing
else in my computer that could make a beeping noise (besides maybe the
headphones atached to the soundcard;-) )

@MSB:

It's definitely not an overheating allarm, since 1. my cpu runs at about
42 degrees (celsius) and I have all allarms turned off in the BIOS,
because I already thought about something like that (e.g. case-intrusion,
System-Fan etc...)

@Rob:

I will try to reset the MB, since that already helped me once, even thoguh
I still think it has something to do with linux, since it doesn't happen
when working under windows.

@Declan:

It would be great to have something tell me why the allarm goes of, but I
do not know how. I can't use Dos since it apparently only happens under
linux. But if you have any idea of a daemon or something like it, that
tells me when something accesses the System-Bell I would really be
grateful!