switch to Xorg!

Denis Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at
Tue Dec 28 09:20:15 PST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:43:36 -0500, Wouter Mense wrote:

> OK i tested with knoppix. In textmode i still have the same problem,
> capital letters are printed whenever i push any of the mouse buttons. In
> Konqueror some of the buttons do work. left/right is ok, scrolling down
> with the wheel and scrollbutton works, scrolling sideways does nothing,
> back button seems to work almost, forward doesn't do a thing, middle
> mouse buttons seems to refresh the page, like the scroling up button.
> Have i had them all?
>
> What is in XF86Config-4 :
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
>         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard" InputDevice    "USB
>         Mouse" "CorePointer"
> EndSection
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "USB Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice" Option
>                  "SendCoreEvents"        "true" Option
>         "Protocol"              "IMPS/2" Option          "ZAxisMapping"
>                 "4 5" Option          "Buttons"               "5"
> EndSection
>
> I think some fiddling with the Buttons anz ZAxismapping will help much.
> The SendCoreEvents option I have never seen before, maybe that's a clue
> to where we need to look at.
>
> HTH, Wouter

Just a thing to point out before your try out that config - it didn't help
me. I also tried to look at what knoppix (3.7) finds and I got just
exactly the same things you did. I even tried to just past that section
into my config, but that didn't help.

I guess if someone would know how to use the evdev-protocol it would be
really great! I mean - if they put a how-to on linux-gamers it has to
works somehow...