unexdpected mouse problems in console (mx1000 related?)

Wouter Mense woutermense at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 03:45:57 PST 2004

> Throw uis a bone here. Your mouse is plugged in where, on /dev/?????
> and /dev/mouse points to ?????. What is running when this happens? X
> or console mode? Which GUI? Is this box a laptop? Which chipset?

Plugged in on /dev/input/mouse0, and /dev/input/mice. This is done by
udev for me.
The nodes are:

mice     ==> 13:63
mouse0 ==> 13:32

The mouse is USB (wireless) type, keyboard is normal PS/2. This is
right after comleting the LFS book, so nothing is running yet. Its not
a laptop, and has an Intel 850 E chipset.

> Normally you can fiddle with a mouse and it gets safely ignored unless
> something is watching.
> If this uses a usb mouse and keyboard,  We raise one eyebrow and
> adjust slightly. If it's a ttySx mouse, and nothing is running, we ask
> fundemental hardware questions, after picking our jaws up from the
> floor.

So it'll be just one eyebrow :)