switch to Xorg!

Wouter Mense woutermense at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 01:43:36 PST 2004

OK i tested with knoppix. In textmode i still have the same problem,
capital letters are printed whenever i push any of the mouse buttons.
In Konqueror some of the buttons do work. left/right is ok, scrolling
down with the wheel and scrollbutton works, scrolling sideways does
nothing, back button seems to work almost, forward doesn't do a thing,
middle mouse buttons seems to refresh the page, like the scroling up
button.  Have i had them all?

What is in XF86Config-4 :

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

I think some fiddling with the Buttons anz ZAxismapping will help
much. The SendCoreEvents option I have never seen before, maybe that's
a clue to where we need to look at.

HTH, Wouter