Unexpected Allarm from System-Speaker

Rob van Dam r_vandam at hotpop.com
Mon Dec 27 23:49:04 PST 2004

Matthias B. wrote:

>>I have a problem that's really bugging me. When I am using my computer
>>as usual some time (not reproductible) the System-Speaker starts to
>>sound like an allarm.
>>I have no clue what it is, since my System is allright and
>>no allarm is set in the BIOS.

I had the same with an Abit mainboard. Nothing worked, I even changed
the bios chip. I had to buy a new one. Before doing that you can try a
few things:

* check the temperature (like in the other post)
* check if all fans are working
* reset the mainboard with the dip switch
* try to boot up with only graphic and memory (could be a power problem)

Rob