Unexpected Allarm from System-Speaker

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Mon Dec 27 09:35:38 PST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:07:46 +0100 Denis <Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at> wrote:

> I have a problem that's really bugging me. When I am using my computer
> as usual some time (not reproductible) the System-Speaker starts to
> sound like an allarm.
> I have no clue what it is, since my System is allright and
> no allarm is set in the BIOS.

It's probably the overheating alarm. If you have temperature sensors check
them. Open the case and see if that helps (because of the better airflow).
Check if the fan is turning. While the computer is off, check your CPU fan
for dust. You won't believe how much dust in can gather. I cleaned mine
recently and got rid of my overheating problems.

MSB