Unexpected Allarm from System-Speaker

Denis Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at
Mon Dec 27 06:07:46 PST 2004

I have a problem that's really bugging me. When I am using my computer as
usual some time (not reproductible) the System-Speaker starts to sound
like an allarm.
I have no clue what it is, since my System is allright and
no allarm is set in the BIOS.

When running Windows it doesn't happen, so that I suspect it comes from
LFS. The Thing now is, that I couldn't find anything in the logs. The
weird thing also is, that my System keeps on running normally - just with
an annoying allarm-sound!

If anyone has any ideas - please post them!!! I'm in a dead-end...

Thanks in advance!