switch to Xorg!

Denis Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at
Mon Dec 27 05:59:48 PST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:48:56 +0100, Wouter Mense wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:01:41 +0100, Denis <Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I now have a runnging BLFS 5.1 System with XFree86 and everything
>> installed and running. I have been using this system for a couple of
>> months now and I am really happy. Now I changed my mouse to a Logitech
>> MX1000 and the only way I found to get all 12 Buttons working is using
>> the evdev Protocol with seems not to be supported by XFree86. All
>> HowTo's refer to Xorg.
>>

> I'm also having problems with the mx1000, but in textmode, before
> starting X. How does your mouse work in the console mode?

In Console mode I also have some problems. When I press a key in the
Console it prints out (Capital) Letters - This way I am not able to
properly use the copy&paste functions any more... Do you have the same
problems?

Anyway - after switching
to Xorg I still can't X to properly recognize the buttons, so I don't know
if helps in any way.