I suspect -lpthread needs to be added to sendmail compile, but not sure how

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 26 20:08:44 PST 2004

Steve Prior wrote:
> On a newly built LFS 6.0 box I'm trying to compile sendmail-8.13.1 and
> am getting undefined references in:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../libdb.so
>
> to the following symbols:
> pthread_condattr_setpshared
> pthread_mutexattr_destroy
> pthread_mutexattr_setpshared
> pthread_mutexattr_init
> pthread_mutex_trylock
>
> Following a tip about Berkeley DB I think the solution is to add -lpthread
> to the link options which I think is set using the confLIBS directive in
> devtools/Site/site.config.m4, but I haven't got it right yet.
>
> Does anyone have a complete solution for this?

With all due respect, I'm not sure there is really a problem with this.
I've installed sendmail-8.13.1 more than once on a LFS-6.0 system without
any of the problems you're describing.

Did you follow the BLFS instructions for installing DB? There is special
instructions there to ensure pthread is link properly. You will need to
follow the SVN DB instructions to see the pthread stuff.

--
Randy