I suspect -lpthread needs to be added to sendmail compile, but not sure how

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Sun Dec 26 20:00:33 PST 2004

On a newly built LFS 6.0 box I'm trying to compile sendmail-8.13.1 and am
getting undefined references in:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../libdb.so

to the following symbols:
pthread_condattr_setpshared
pthread_mutexattr_destroy
pthread_mutexattr_setpshared
pthread_mutexattr_init
pthread_mutex_trylock

Following a tip about Berkeley DB I think the solution is to add -lpthread
to the link options which I think is set using the confLIBS directive in
devtools/Site/site.config.m4, but I haven't got it right yet.

Does anyone have a complete solution for this?

Thanks
Steve