Merry Xmas and OpenGL issue

Andrew Benton andy at benton987.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 10:04:59 PST 2004

charlie wrote:
> HI everyone,
>
> A very Merry Christmas eve to you all, and especially to lfs developpers
> who make our dreamy OS come true. So let's say LFS-6.0 was our christmas
> gift ;-)
>
> I posted yesterday about an SDL issue and was wrong, however, this led
> me to another one.
> I would not consider Tuxracer a "vital linux package", however this is
> fun and a good way to test one's DRI config.
> This is where i'm a bit concerned: i can't build it :(
> After installing SDL, i tried t install TR --> ./configure complains my
> glx.h is to old and advice into installing mesa's.
> OK, i do as the gurus say and install mesa.
> Come back to TR, ./configure and ... same problem!!
> Complains that glXGetProcAdressARB is not defined in glx.h
> i did a grep, and found the declaration.
> Hmmm, what's the ?
> Anybody getting the same issue?
>
> regards, and have fun tonight ;-)
>
> CH COLLIN
I had this problem but I didn't use mesa. I have an Nvidia graphics card
so I installed the  Nvidia drivers. glx.h was installed as part of that.
I don't know what the answer is if you don't have an Nvidia card.
Tuxracer looks good but there's not a lot of it and the gameplay's a bit
one dimensional. It's just steering through a maze. It reminds me of a
short section of SuperMario64 from about five years ago