gnome 2.8.1

h3k h3k h3knix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 19:12:14 PST 2004

when i put preferences:// into nautilus, it says "preferences:///" is
not a valid location. Also my gnome menu is empty, even though i have
files in /usr/share/applications. I am starting to think that this
happened because i used a slightly different version from the blfs
guide.

XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share