gnome 2.8.1

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 22 15:08:27 PST 2004

h3k h3k wrote:
> i built gnome, from nautilius i can navigate to computer:// and
> network:// . But i can not get to preferences:// through nautilus or
> gnome-control-center. Any ideas what went wrong?

Dunno. Works for me. Though it changes the url to preferences:///
when pulled up through nautilus. What happens when you enter the
URL in nautilus?

Also, I had experienced some problems similar to what you are
describing before I added the proper paths to envar XDG_DATA_DIRS.

What is defined in your envar XDG_DATA_DIRS?

--
Randy