Gnome - gnome-applets compile problem

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 21 12:32:24 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Utley wrote:

>>> 1.13
>>

>> You should attempt to use the version of xklavier specified in the
>> BLFS book and see what happens. If it works, then we need to evaluate
>> what to do next as far as the xklavier update.
>>
>> IIRC, there was a couple of packages that required gswitchit patches
>> to account for the changed API in xklavier.
>>
> Oh, just lovely, a FBBG response.
>
> Come on, I'm not some newbie who just fell off the turnip truck, Randy.

Sigh....

Sorry if it sounded like an insult Jeremy. I was only trying to be
helpful. I wanted to know if the package will install with the book's
version of xklavier (with your other combinations of upgraded packages).
If so, then we need to see what needs to be done to fix the issue.

I mean, really Jeremy, you're asking questions about packages that
are only a week or so old, how many folks here do you think could
actually be of immediate help?

--
Randy