switch to Xorg!

Denis Hannibal-Smith at gmx.at
Tue Dec 21 11:01:41 PST 2004

Hi all!

I now have a runnging BLFS 5.1 System with XFree86 and everything
installed and running. I have been using this system for a couple of
months now and I am really happy. Now I changed my mouse to a Logitech
MX1000 and the only way I found to get all 12 Buttons working is using the
evdev Protocol with seems not to be supported by XFree86. All HowTo's
refer to Xorg.

So I would like to switch to Xorg (which also seem sto progress faster,
but anyway...). Now my question is: can I just remove everything regarding
XFree86 (a hint to which files would have to be removed would be nice) and
install Xorg or will I encounter big problems? I would like to keep
everything else like Gnome, GDM...

Thanks in advance!