stupid question about etc/profile.d

Jeremy Henty jeremy at chaos.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 10:00:05 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 10:29:21PM -0700, Archaic wrote:

> Please explain (in specific detail) how entering text into one
> config file versus another somehow lessens your understanding of why
> something is configured a certain way?

I meant to say that I like knowing that everything in my environment
is there because I explicitly put it there, rather than have software
package installers add things behind my back.  Whereas most
"plug'n'play" distro users probably want the installer do all the
work.  I agree it makes little odds *which* file is being updated.

Cheers,

Jeremy Henty