Gnome Help vs. Luddites

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sun Dec 19 01:40:32 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 13:25 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> No doubt, but it hasn't been a problem so far.  For me, icons are those
> tiny things that I occasionally add to the icewm panel (but usually,
> only xterm is important enough to merit that), and the tiny symbols that
> sometimes show in the menus on icewm.  Now, since I'm too lazy to add
> packages to the menus more than once every couple of years, neither is
> an issue.
>
> Icons on the desktops are just a waste of space for me, whenever I've
> had them, I _always_ end up having to move application windows out of
> the way to get at the icons.

Icon-themes doesn't just mean icons on the desktop and taskbar - it's
also things like toolbars and anywhere else where stock images could be
used. We had someone a few weeks back asking why Evolution 2.0 didn't
have the toolbar images - I believe the reason turned out to be the
absence of gnome-icon-themes.

Simon.