font-config

h3k h3k h3knix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 22:43:40 PST 2004

svn snapshot  Version svn-20041217

using the above text, I installed font-config 2.2.3, but for many
applications including firefox, fontconfig reports that it cannot find
it's config file. I did set --sysconfdir=/etc, and the file
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf is present, but it still fails to load.

What can I do to fix this issue, firefox will not open because of the
fontconfig error.
fc-list gives the same error

Fontconfig error: line 24: not well-formed (invalid token)
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

Are there any fixes for this? Did I miss something in the text, that
is now giving me this grief?