About ttyS0 with udev

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 18 11:34:26 PST 2004

David Jensen wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> David Jensen wrote:

>>> I finally found it.
>>> turn off Legacy (BSD) PTY support in 'device drivers->character
>>> devices'.
>>> whether one can still build an LFS system and make check without ptys
>>> remains
>>> to be seen. :0
>>>
>>> also of note 2.6.10-rc3-mm1 breaks my drm, no x. :(
>>

>> What is this in reference to?
>>

> Correct udev creation of /dev/tty's
> it seems broken here with linux-2.6.9 and greater.
> It's in the thread.  Yes, it should be LFS-support.

Oh, I'm not worried which forum it is in, I'm just not sure you knew
the original issue was solved hours ago. The OP did not create serial
devices in his kernel configuration. He correctly configured his kernel
and all is well. It's in the thread. I just didn't want you fighting
an issue, that wasn't an issue.

--
Randy