The latest twist with the lousiest isp

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 06:37:40 PST 2004

Hi Folks,

NTL have rejigged things here locally, and smtp.ntlworld.ie is now
being grabbed by mailhost.ntl.com. For a time, nothing went out at
all, but it didn't matter, because I have most mail on gmail anyhow,
except for one mailing list.

Then, they rejigged again. Now I can get out with windows(Mozilla),
but attempts under linux fail "550 - you are not allowed to send mail
to <whoever at somewhere.com>". My IP on their network is the same in
both instances, so I presume they are objecting to the postfix server
talking to them. They have a "no server" policy on the network

Does anyone know what they are up to? I am at daggers drawn with them
anyhow, the account is in dispute, so no dialogue is happening. After
threatening everything, they have shut up, and so have I. The silence
is wonderful.

--
     All the Best

     Declan.