Upgrading to GNOME 2.8

Peter B. Steiger WYpbs_003 at bornagain.com
Fri Dec 17 21:01:44 PST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:17:56 +0100, GCZ sez:
> Where do you live? Even if you don't want to get a cable or DSL
> subscription, can't you just go in an internet cafe, download the
> packages there an burn them to a CD?

I would *love* to get cable or DSL, but I'm 12 miles... I mean, 20 km
outside city limits in a rural community.  I suppose I could get a dish,
but I need VPN to connect to my office LAN and you can't use VPN over
satellite, so I can't justify paying for the dish as a necessary work
expense.

I was also going to explain patiently that people in Wyoming rarely have
computers, much less internet cafes, but it turns out that even the wild
west has entered the information age:
http://www.zensbistro.com/cybercafe.html

I need to get out more.

--