FireFox

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 17 14:37:31 PST 2004

Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 04:09:52PM +0100, Norman Urs Baier wrote:
> >
> > I've installed firefox and I continue to have this problem that I get the
> > profile editor when starting firefox a second time, instead of a second
> > browser window.
> > I have tried with different configure options, but without success, shouldn't
> > --disable-profilelocking do the trick?
>
> Has anyone else managed to run multiple instances of Firefox? I get this
> as well.

Try this (I've not tested, but just bookmarked it one day):

http://gnome-hacks.jodrell.net/hacks.html?id=48

Let me know if it works (should you try it out). I think
there's another one also, which involves patching the source.
You can find it by going to http://gnome-hacks.jodrell.net/all.html
and looking around.

--
Randy